Valeos Transplant Society (“Valeos,” the “Society,” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it by adhering to this policy (the “Policy”).
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from or about you when you visit our website www.valeos.org (our “Website”), or via email, text or other electronic communications, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as type of professional work;
- and/orAbout your internet connection, the equipment or device you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
A. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to news or updates from Valeos or otherwise engaging with Valeos or our activities. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
B. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Valeos, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
If you wish to prevent tracking of your online activities, you may activate the “Do-Not-Track” feature in your browser, as described at https://allaboutdnt.com/. However, not all companies that use tracking technologies respond to the “Do-Not-Track” feature. You also can take steps to opt out of targeted advertising, as described at https://privacyinternational.org/guide-step/4317/android-opt-out-targeted-ads-and-renew-your-advertising-id.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information that we collect from or about you:
- To send you follow-up communications related to Valeos or Valeos-related developments, events, or updates.
- To directly communicate with you about your use of our Website or to respond to e-mail, submissions, or other communications from you.
- To analyze, correlate, compare, or match subscriber data with patient data for more personalized and more informative follow-up communications, including patient data from other non-profits, public-private partnerships, and other groups or organizations within the healthcare industry and/or the heart transplantation space.
- To send you solicitations for financial gifts to Valeos.
- To improve our operation and services, including developing new services, features, and functionality, and analyzing the usage trends and preferences of our users.
- To protect Valeos’ rights and the rights of others, including to detect and prevent fraud; to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of our services, our employees, or agents or other users; and to comply with applicable law.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you indicate you are providing the information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We may disclose personal information about you:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, including any of the funds we sponsor under Valeos Ventures.
- To our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support Valeos in activities such as technology, communications management, or otherwise, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep the personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- For any other purpose described by us at the time when you provide the information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you indicate you are providing it.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety, or reputation of Valeos, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
- In connection with any proposed or actual merger, reorganization, restructuring, or sale of all or a portion of our organization or assets related to Valeos, to a party to such transaction, and we will endeavor to bind such party to protect the personal information it receives.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- News and Other Updates from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other contact information used to share news, research, or any other updates, you can opt-out by clicking “unsubscribe” in the news or other update e-mails we send you, or you may send us an e-mail asking to be omitted from future communication distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review, request access to, correct, delete, or otherwise change any personal information that you have provided to us by e-mailing us at [email protected]. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we cannot verify the identity of the person requesting the change, or if we believe that granting the request would be unwarranted as a matter of law or cause the information we maintain to be inaccurate.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, such as multifactor authentication for access to the personal information we maintain. Although we strive to fully protect the security of your personal information, we cannot guarantee absolute security. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Use of Our Website by Minors
Our Website is not intended for minors, and if we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
Changes to This Policy
From time to time, we may make changes to this Policy, and when we do, we will update the “Last Modified” date on the first page of the Policy. If we make changes that are material with respect to uses or disclosures of personal information, we will post a notice on the home page of the Website stating that the Policy has been updated. You are responsible for reviewing any such changes prior to continuing to use the Website.
If you have questions about this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected].